This was a dessert that I remembered my family making years ago. I decided to make it for Thanksgiving and although it wasn’t the same as my mom and aunt used to make it, it turned out to be a hit. Try it out.
What you’ll need:
– 1 cup chopped pecans
– 2 cups milk
– 1 package of Jello chocolate instant pudding
– 1 package of Jello vanilla instant pudding
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1 cup flour
– 3 cups Cool Whip
– 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
– 1 stick softened butter
1. Combine flour, butter, and pecans and press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 ungreased baking dish.
2. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 min, then let cool.
3. Mix together powdered sugar, 1 cup of Cool Whip & cream cheese and spread on cooled crust
4. Combine pudding’s and milk (use a hand mixer if you have it) and spread on the cream cheese layer
5. Top with remaining Cool Whip (about 2 cups)
6. Allow to set in the fridge before serving.
Tip: Mix the puddings separate and layer on for some added color and an extra layer of flavor (As shown below). Use one cup of milk for each package of pudding. Both ways are still delicious.
It looks a little messy, but tastes yummy. The crust tastes like a nutty shortbread exterior that holds a rich, chocolatey filling. It’s quick, easy and will be a great conversation piece at any event.