This recipe is delicious and easy. Try it to “Wow” your next guests and they will think you have been slaving in the kitchen for hours.
What you’ll need:
– Two pieces of hearty wheat (or whatever bread) you like.
– One egg
– Splash of milk
– Dash of cinnamon
– Cup of fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries are my favorite)
– Tablespoon of sugar
-Splash of orange juice
1. Add orange juice, berries, and sugar and simmer on low-medium heat.
2. Slightly mash berries to allow the natural sugars to escape
1. While berries are simmering, beat egg, milk, and add cinnamon
2. Dip & saturate bread in egg mixture and brown
3. Butter french toast when hot and top with berry jam.
Tip: Add a small splash of vanilla extract to egg mixture for an extra zing. Use cinnamon raisin or any other favorite bread for an added surprise.
The berry jam is fresh and just sweet enough so that you don’t need to cover your french toast in syrup. The combination of cinnamon, fresh fruit, and french toast is the perfect way to start your day.